Privacy and Personal Security go hand-in-hand
The short version:
- We will use our best effort to keep your information safe.
- We will not send you unsolicited email. You will receive emails specifically related to any class you request, register to attend, or inquire for information regarding.
- We will not sell, rent, or trade your information to any third party.*
Hopefully you noticed the * above. It is there because, as part of some classes, we are required to report your participation in the class to a third party (such as the State of Texas or Texas Parks and Wildlife Department). The information reported may include your
name, date of birth, contact information, and ID numbers. For example, in order to certify someone as completing the Texas LTC class, we must notify the state, with identifying information for the individual.
If you have a question as to whether information must be transferred to a third party as part of the class, please talk with the instructor.
Politely Armed Texas respects each individual user's right to privacy. Politely Armed Texas has created this Privacy Statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to privacy. This Privacy Statement discloses our information-gathering and dissemination practices for this website. This policy applies only to information that is collected through this website. It does not cover any information that may be collected on site or during class activities.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to the privacy statement group by e-mail (support@PolitelyArmedTX.com).
Information is collected, used, and stored in the following situations:
- Registration: Name, street address, and zip code are collected, along with other identifying details such as Date of Birth and Driver's License number. Registration information will be kept on-file to support the registered account for the duration of the customer relationship with Politely Armed Texas.
Politely Armed Texas places the following limitations on data collection and use:
- Age: It is anticipated that adults over the age of 18 years will personally register for classes using this site. We may collect information on students attending class who meet the legal minimum age under State provisions for the course selection. This information will be limited to name, gender, and Date of Birth.
- IP Address: Politely Armed Texas does not store, or link, IP addresses with collected account information. IP addresses are only collected and used for administrative purposes to ensure that the optimal operation of the site.
- Promotions: Politely Armed Texas does *not* provide information to any third party for any promotional purposes.
Your information may be used to contact you in the following situations:
- Support: Your email address or other contact information may be used to facilitate customer support, such as via email or by telephone.
- Class Notifications: Your email address may be used to send you information concerning your class requests or registrations. These emails are necessary to provide the service and as such you are not able to opt-out of these communications.
- Inquiries: Politely Armed Texas responds to email inquiries initiated by you to us, via email or telephone, depending on which is most expedient for our busy instructors.
Further disclosures and advice about the use and sharing of information:
- Financial Transactions: Politely Armed Texas works with a third party for processing credit card transactions. The third party is governed by, and subject to, the terms of this Privacy Statement.
- Legal and Law Enforcement Cooperation: Politely Armed Texas reserves the right to disclose collected information as required by law where a formal request has been made, such as in complying with a court order, subpoena, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on the site. Politely Armed Texas reserves the right to disclose information when we believe - at our sole and absolute discretion - that disclosure is necessary in protecting the safety of our users and staff, as well as in protecting our intellectual property.
- External Links: This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Politely Armed Texas is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. Users are encouraged to be aware when they leave Politely Armed Texas and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects their information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site and the third parties explicitly covered as note previously.
- Security Measures: Politely Armed Texas makes use of a variety of security measures to protect against unauthorized access to the service and the loss, misuse, or alternation of stored information. Credit card information is transmitted securely over a secure socket layer (SSL) connection. Although we cannot guarantee that our system is secure against any and all persons and technology, we are sensitive to, and maintain the latest industry standard technology available to protect against, unauthorized access to or disclosure of data and services.
- Modifying Information On File: If you desire to change or modify information previously provided to us, if you wish to remove any optional information previously provided to us, or if you have any questions about the privacy practices of this site, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Changes in This Statement: You will be notified via email and a web site announcement in the event that your information may be used in a manner materially different from that described in this Privacy Statement. In such a case, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of modified use of your information. Customers who have deleted or deactivated their account will not be notified of changes in the Privacy Statement as their information will not be used.